As part of my sustainability work, I have taken stock of all my business areas and activities and analyzed the potential impact each might have in terms of sustainability. The following summary goes over the steps I have already taken to tackle the impact of each of my business activities, and the specific actions that I will take to fulfil my commitment to sustainability.
Electricity and heating:
- I buy 100% renewable electricity
- I heat and cool with an electric heat pump
- I use LED low-consumption lightbulbs
- I have set timers and sensors to manage the lights
- I must automate a mechanism to turn off all devices in the office when not in use by end of 2022
- Ongoing reduction of digital footprint (emails sent and received, storage, video streaming etc)
Cleaning & waste management:
- In depth cleaning activities only take place twice a month.
- All waste is recycled according to Swedish standards.
- Usage of food grade cleaning supplies that reduce water pollution.
- Using solid cleaning products to reduce water, transport and single use plastics.
- Installation of flow-limiting faucets by end of 2022
Travel and transport:
- I limit travel for business purposes working remotely from my home office.
- I use remote conferencing rather than physical meetings whenever possible.
- I public transport or electric vehicles for commuting.
- Offset all emissions when engaging in medium and long-haul travel for business by end of 2022
- I use green hosting servers for development and personal sites.
- I am in the process of localizing goods providers to the European Union, to reduce transport impact.
- I prioritize green IT providers who have a sustainability action plan and goals.
- I focus on repairing and reusing equipment to avoid replacing when possible.
- Reach a goal of 40% net zero providers by 2023
- Reach a goal of 70% providers following sustainability goals by 2023
- Eliminate all providers who don’t have sustainability goals by 2025
- Eliminate all non net zero providers by 2030
- I work with industry leaders and perform research towards increasing best practices for digital footprint and sustainable web.
- I develop all new sites and strategy within the best practices of the sustainable web
- By end of 2025 have all managed websites scoring single digits of carbon emissions.
- By end of 2025 have all managed websites and clients in green hosting.
- By end of 2025 have all clients digital footprint reduced by 60%.
- By end of 2030 have all clients digital footprint reduced to zero.
- Promoting sustainability best practices internally with clients, suppliers and collaborators.
- Promoting sustainability best practices externally on social media and my own platforms.
- By end of 2022 establishing KPIs for specific awareness campaigns to measure impact.
Leadership & Management
- I have taken business strategic decisions to join existing campaigns like the sustainable web manifesto, the race to zero initiative, the SME climate hub, business declares, and the clean creatives.
- Rejecting work with businesses in the coal and fossil fuel industries.
- Reducing work with businesses in high carbon industries such as air transport, metal production and large scale food production.
- Reach a goal of 10% net zero clients by 2023
- Double the amount of net zero clients year on year.
- Reach a goal of 70% clients following sustainability goals by 2023
- Eliminate all clients who don’t have sustainability goals by 2025
- Eliminate all non net zero clients by 2030
- I work with banking and insurance institutions that has sustainability goals aligned with the UNDG.
- Revolut bank has joined the Tech Net Zero campaign and actively report and reduce their sustainability progress towards net zero.
- Support community work on climate solutions that are socially inclusive.
- Work with my local community to produce positive local impact.