A primary goal of my business is to be safe, inclusive, and welcoming to clients and contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, I am committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, socioeconomic status, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).
Our community includes all interactions between myself, collaborators, subcontractors, clients, audiences, colleagues and visitors, both online and offline. This code of conduct outlines the expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in this community to help me create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
Expected behavior: how to contribute
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be welcoming.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- When we disagree, try to understand why.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your fellow participants. Get in touch with me at [email protected] if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”)
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Inappropriate photography, recording and screenshots
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them in any way
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances
- Intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person)
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations
We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and religion (or lack thereof).
- Sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking and following.
- Harassing photography recording or screenshotting.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
Reporting & Consequences
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including clients and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, I may take any action I deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary or permanent ban without warning and immediate termination of work contracts without a refund .